I have made these One Pan Nut Brownies a few times now, each time just a little different. I can't say I'm really a fan of nut butter. Hahaha. Except saying it, I am a fan of saying it. Nut Butter. Ha. Never gets old for me, but it probably has for you already. I will continue…
The oddity is, I LOOOVVEEEE peanut butter. Sigh! In cookies, cakes, muffins, and even from a spoon. It's likely the sugar in the PB that I love – I may have mentioned that I am a recovering Sugar Junkie. Did you notice all the things I mentioned I loved PB in were sweets?
I have been interested in doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox. I should stop making excuses and just do it. Especially after Easter. I hid little chocolate eggs thru out my store for customers and staff. Unfortunately, it means, there are little chocolate eggs, everywhere… not Paleo chocolate eggs. And sometimes they are in the way, so you have to eat them! Obviously. Some of those little chocolate eggs are filled with peanut butter! I am my own worst enemy.
So here is it, One Pan Nut Brownies adapted from my mother's one pan brownie recipe, and the lovely Vanessa and her site Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind, but with far less nut butter. Hahaha. Nut butter. Still funny.
I'd like to add, I do not use every dish in the kitchen baking this…
Served with fresh sliced strawberries, and whipped vanilla coconut cream.Print
Quick and easy. Plus cleanup is a snap. Curb that chocolate craving.
- 4 oz dark chocolate 60% or higher (organic is best)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter or tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Take out your baking pan, put it on the element on Low. Melt the chocolate. You can use a double boiler, but then it's not a one pan brownie, so low and make sure you watch it.
- When the chocolate is liquid add the coconut oil, stir until mixture is liquid and they are combined.
- Remove from heat, add Maple syrup and most of the Almond butter or tahini. Leave one tablespoon set aside.
- Add eggs, make sure the mixture is cool-ish or it will cook the eggs. Mix them in.
- Add dry ingredients, palm sugar, and cocoa.
- Fold in cacao nibs.
- Swirl the tablespoon of almond butter or tahini through the center of the batter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven, 350F for 30 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Since it was cooked in the pan, you should probably eat it out of the pan, you know, save water, less dishes. Way to be an environmentalist!