Smoky chili with a rich chocolate orange dusting make these paleo Orange Chocolate Chili Chicken Wings a hit at any gathering – including Super Bowl Sunday!
- 24 chicken wings
- 1/8 cup table salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cocao powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- zest from 1 large orange
- Lay wings in a flat shallow container or plastic bag.
- Combine table salt and orange juice, pour over wings, so they are covered.
- Brine in the fridge 12-24 hours, (much longer they get too salty).
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt, cacao powder, chipotle powder, chili flakes and 1/2 the zest from 1 orange in a blender and blend.
- Transfer to a bag or lidded container and drop the wings into the powder, shake well, to coat the wings.
- Lay out on a rack over a baking sheet (so they get crispy all the way around).
- Bake for 40 minutes, serve with Paleo Chocolate Mole Sauce
Don’t forget the Paleo Chocolate Mole Sauce!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Chicken Wings