- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp coarse ground Dijon mustard
- 1–2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 1/4 orange
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut each hen in half. If using kitchen shears, cut along each side of the backbone (remove vertebrae) and along the breastbone. If using a sharp chef’s knife, cut down the middle of the breast then through the bone.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together.
- Put hen halves in a large freezer bag and pour in the sauce.
- Let marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Place hens in a baking dish, skin side up, and pour sauce over it.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes, basting with drippings every 10 minutes for the first half hour.
- Chicken is done when thigh temperature is 165 F (using meat thermometer) or juices run clear.
- Serve. Make sure you get lots of those pan drippings on your plate!
- Method: Oven