Paleo Baba Ganoush (ish) – is a fast easy twist on the traditional. Eat it as a side dish or a dip.
- 1 large eggplant (pealed and 1/2 inch cubed)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large pot heat oil and add eggplant.
- Add 1/4 – 1/2 cups of water to keep from sticking to the pot. Cook until soft.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
I didn’t mash this up like a traditional baba ganoush dip, but left some chunks of eggplant, which made it a nice side dish.