Paleo Banana Muffins are not only gluten, wheat and refined sugar-free, but also have no nuts. I think that texture in baking is so important. You want moist, but not mushy, firm but not dry, and the perfect balance of sweet and salty. Have you ever used banana flour? That is the magic in making these muffins well-balanced!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup banana flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Mash bananas, honey, and ghee or coconut oil together.
- Beat eggs and add to the banana mixture, stir well.
- I a second bowl combine banana flour, baking soda, and salt (the banana flour is quite fine, so stirring must be gentle so you don’t end up with a dust storm).
- Slowly add the dry mix into the banana mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Add almond or vanilla extract, and give it an easy stir.
- Spoon into muffin tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: muffin
- Method: baking