- 5 cups cabbage (one small head, diced or shredded)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 apple, cored and diced or grated
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Dice bacon, and sauté until almost cooked.
- Add onions, apple and butter and continue to sauté.
- Add diced or shredded cabbage, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar.
- Sauté until most of the liquid is gone, stirring regularly.
- Add water and cover, making sure cabbage is soft enough, (4 min aprox, depends on how fine your cut is).
- Method: stove-top