- 2–3 lbs (family pack) boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 1/2 large onions (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 Tbsp fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger powder or 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 heaping tsp turmeric
- 1 heaping tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 370 ml tomato paste
- 1–2 cans coconut milk
- 1 heaping tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup sliced almond
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Melt ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add salt and onions. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne. Mix in and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and mix thoroughly with spices (getting all of the spices stuck to the bottom of the pan).
- Add chicken and stir well.
- Once cooked, stir in coconut milk and garam masala. Cook until coconut is heated through.
Serve over riced cauliflower, topped with cilantro and sliced almonds.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Indian