Kid friendly foods are on my radar this week. Paleo Chicken Strips & Honey Dill Dip fit that description! I am headed to visit family next week and spend some quality time with my nephews (7 and almost 4). We have a list of things to see and do: play, art projects, read, trips, etc. We spoil each other, but with experiences rather than toys. That is my official job as “Aunty.” I provide the experiences and they spoil me with all the love and adoration. We surprise the kids with my visits so they don't constantly ask my brother and sister-in-law when I'll be there. I feel the love. Unfortunately my insides can't handle the processed foods my family eats, so I was hoping to have a food plan that included some things the kids might eat and that won't make me feel awful. I haven't been eating strictly paleo, and with stress at work, I've had this intense desire to spend any possible moments I have in bed – in bed eating candy. Naps and sugar would be my ideal day. But we all know, the mini vacation with my family will be action packed with no time for naps. Paleo Chicken Strips and Honey Dill Dip are kid friendly, and great for any meal!
chicken strips with a honey dill dip, paleo, grain and gluten-free, but totally kid friendly!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped dill
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Put egg into a bowl and beat well.
- Put chicken strips into egg and set aside.
- Combine salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, almond and coconut flour. Mix well, set aside.
- In a heavy bottom skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat melt the coconut oil.
- pulling out one strip at a time from the egg mixture, coat in the flour mixture, both sides, and lay into the hot coconut oil.
- Fry approx. 4 min, flip over and do the same on the second side.
- Lay out on a rack or paper towel to absorb some of the oil and keep them crisp.
You can keep the strips warm by putting them in the oven at 300 F until you are ready to serve. Be careful they don't stay in there too long, they dry out!
Chicken strips with a honey dill dip, paleo, grain and gluten-free, but totally kid friendly!
- 2 tbsp diced fresh dill
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 4 tbsp paleo mayo
- Mix all ingredients well, let sit 10 min before serving.