chicken strips with a honey dill dip, paleo, grain and gluten-free, but totally kid friendly!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped dill
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Put egg into a bowl and beat well.
- Put chicken strips into egg and set aside.
- Combine salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, almond and coconut flour. Mix well, set aside.
- In a heavy bottom skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat melt the coconut oil.
- pulling out one strip at a time from the egg mixture, coat in the flour mixture, both sides, and lay into the hot coconut oil.
- Fry approx. 4 min, flip over and do the same on the second side.
- Lay out on a rack or paper towel to absorb some of the oil and keep them crisp.
You can keep the strips warm by putting them in the oven at 300 F until you are ready to serve. Be careful they don’t stay in there too long, they dry out!
- Category: Pub Food