- 3 oz chocolate (70% or higher)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 habanero (seeded and grated- Like it hot? Leave the seeds in)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch cayenne
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp crème de tartar
- 1 cup walnuts
- Grate zucchini, salt it, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together, mixing well in a large bowl or food processor.
- Add honey, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Continue to mix.
- Squeeze out the water from the zucchini, a cheese cloth or an old, clean tea towel will help press as much moisture out as possible. If you miss this step your loaf will be mushy.
- Add zucchini to processor and pulse.
- Add habanero (or the Chili pepper of your choice) to processor and pulse.
- Add cayenne, cocoa, coconut flour, soda, crème de tatar and mix.
- Add walnuts (optional) and stir.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture in.
- In a pre-heated oven bake at 350 F for 40 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Any chili peppers would do for this, Thai, jalapeño, habanero; not a fan of spicy? Avoiding nightshades? This loaf is delicious with the chilies omitted as well.
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Baking