Paleo Chocolate Lavender Muffins. Rich dark chocolate with a hint of lavender make this fluffy grain free muffin a new love for breakfast, snack or a sweet treat.
- 1 tbsp culinary lavender
- 6oz 85% coca chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chestnut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pre heat oven to 375F.
- Grind the lavender and chocolate bar-set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients, cocoa powder, chestnut flour baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Blend: coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla and applesauce.
- Add lavender and chocolate, and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. I used a food processor, but a hand mixer would work just fine.
- Scoop into a lined muffin pan or silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-20 min, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- cool and serve!
- Category: Muffin