- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 Tbsp cacao (if you use cocoa use less maple syrup)
- 4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 bacon slices (cooked and finely diced) (coats 8–10 balls)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (finely chopped) (coats 10–12 balls)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (use blender to break down smaller) (coats 5–7 balls)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor, then chill in refrigerator overnight or in your freezer until it has set (the mixture will be mousse-like).
- Once thickened you will be able to form these into soft balls in your hand (about 1 Tbsp or an inch radius in size).
- Spread a thin layer of bacon bits on a clean counter or cutting board, and roll each ball to coat thoroughly.
- Once bacon is used up, do the same with walnut crumbs, and then coconut shreds.
- Place each coated truffle in small paper bonbon cups. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Share with loved ones (or don’t!)
I also tried adding some culinary lavender to the coconut covering, but it wasn’t my taste.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Christmas