- 6 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- Place cranberries in a pot, add water orange juice and maple syrup.
- Bring to a gentle boil on high heat stirring regularly.
- Reduce to a simmer, add cinnamon and orange zest, stir often.
- Continue to simmer until most of the cranberries “pop” and the sauce thickens to desired texture.
I boiling-bath-canned this cranberry sauce, so on Thanksgiving I simply open a jar and place it on the table. It’s a great and economical preserve, when cranberries are deeply discounted after the holiday to do up for gifts, for potlucks or future turkey meals!
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Holiday