Slightly sweet classic dill.
- 5lb pickling cucumbers
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sea salt
- 1tbsp pickling spice
- 6 sprigs of dill
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 6 jars, quart size with lids
- Take cucumbers, wash and put in an ice bath in the fridge overnight (Crisp cucumbers make crisp pickles, no one likes a soggy pickle).
- Wash and sterilize jars, place 2 peeled cloves of garlic and a sprig of dill in each jar.
- Combine water, vinegar, pickling spice and salt, bring to a boil.
- Pack the pickles into the jars, careful not to bruise them but you want the jars full or you will run out of brine.
- Once brine has boiled and salt has dissolved, pour over packed jars, and lid right away.
- Immerse in boiling water and boil for 15-20 min or until they turn slightly yellow.
- Remove and let cool on a thick towel, you will hear the lids pop as they seal. Any non-sealers need to be refrigerated and used right away.