Paleo Greek Rice(d Cauliflower) is the name of this game. Be gone rice- cauliflower is taking over!
Have you seen the movie “Her“? I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but it's the one about the guy who falls in love with the operating system on his phone (like Mac's Siri). It was actually very plausible, and I want Scarlett Johansson to be the voice of my phone! I did find myself getting distracted by the “futuristic clothes” and Joaquin Phoenix's mustache. Even though it's got a very melancholy energy, I really enjoyed it. It really makes you think about human connection, learning, relationships, and personal needs. A lot of other things as well, but I feel they'll spoil the movie, so I'll keep those to myself. If you have seen it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it in the comments. Also, if you have any new movie recommendations, I'd love to hear those too.
You can't have a Paleo Greek meal without a Greek rice. I think we came up with a nice flavor on this Paleo Greek Rice(d Cauliflower). We'll use this rice again in an upcoming recipe, so stay tuned.
See all of our Paleo Greek Weeks recipes here.
- 1 head cauliflower (washed and shredded like in: riced cauliflower)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 4 medium carrots (shredded)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 green onion (diced)
- In a large pot cook onions in oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add carrots and garlic.
- Add cauliflower and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add lemon juice, zest, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Cook off excess liquid.
- Remove from heat, mix in green onions and serve.