Tender and juicy this lamb roast will keep them coming back for seconds, or thirds.
- 4 lbs boneless lamb roast
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine ingredients, let sit covered overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Pull meat from the fridge and let rest approx 30 min at room temperature.
- Place on roasting rack fat side up. I don’t trim the fat off, because fat is flavor, and it helps the meat self-baste.
- I recommend using a meat thermometer to check for doneness: Medium-rare (internal temperature 145°F); Medium (160°F); Well Done (170°F). ***Note: Remove the meat from the oven when it reaches 5° to 10°F below the desired doneness; the temperature will continue to rise as the meat stands.
- Make sure to let the meat rest a few minutes before serving, it gives you time to take some pictures to post on our Instagram! But more importantly, it allows the moisture to remain in the roast.
Ways to tell of the roast is done:
1. Use a meat thermometer;
2. Press meat with tongs: Rare gives under pressure, soft and springy;
Medium is slightly firmer, like pressing on the spot on your hand between the thumb and index finger; Well done is firm. You learn with experience, but because of the cost of lamb, a meat thermometer may be a good investment.
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Greek