Ice cream without dairy or fancy machinery = a summer win.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water**
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour coconut milk into it.
- Add strawberries and place in the freezer. Leave in there until frozen, 4-8 hours depending on your freezer.
- Remove parchment paper from the baking sheet and break up the coconut milk into chunks and shards. Put in a food processor or blender, pulse.
- Add maple syrup and orange blossom water (see below), continue to pulse until it takes on a fine blend.
- Blend on low until it reaches the desired smooth ice cream texture.
- Add salt and pulse a few more times.
- Scoop and serve.
The salt helps keep the ice cream “scoopable”. I didn’t get a chance to eat all of it the first night I made it, but after being in the freezer overnight, it still scooped like real ice cream!
**no orange blossom water? Chilled the or plain water should work.
- Category: Ice cream
- Cuisine: Dessert