Grain-free pita with a little spice of it’s own. Perfect for snacking, dipping or sandwiches!
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup tapioca flour, divided, 1/3 and 2/3
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine 1 tbsp olive oil with water and 1/3 cup tapioca flour.
- Stir in dill and garlic.
- Stir over low heat until it forms a ball or paste type texture. Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining flour, olive oil, egg, baking soda, pepper and salt.
- Add paste or ball to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Knead the flour in until the ball is broken up, it will turn into a batter or runny dough. Be sure to mix in the ball or you will get little jelly spots in your pita. You can add a little more tapioca flour if you would like (2 tbsp or so).
- Spoon mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- With wet hands, press pitas out as thin as possible (keep hands wet or dough will stick to you).
- Bake at 350F for 18 min, flip over and bake 4 min on the second side.