Hi guys, this is the star of my coleslaw recipe, the slaw was merely a garnish for these smokey sweet Paleo Pulled Pork Peppers. I’m a jerk. Giving you the crunchy slaw and holding back on the meat. Well not really, that slaw is super on it’s own!!
Well, I can’t stay long to chat today. So busy… So so busy. I spent the last 10 days kitty sitting, and am sleeping in my own bed tonight. I should be folding laundry, or cleaning my mess, but instead I’m going to focus on cleaning off my PVR. Hahah. Cozy in my own bed watching TV. Yay! And when the PVR is clean, I may start on some Netflicks. I am taking full advantage of the winter weather in Canada and staying cozy. Although the part of Canada I live in is sunny and warm, with no snow to be seen. The trees are budding and in addition to the sunshine it was a balmy 10 c (50 F). A little scary as it is still supposed to be winter here, but it seems spring is upon us! So I need to really get on the PVR cleaning, and then I tackle my closet/kitchen/office. Who am I kidding… “office”; it’s a room full of “junk drawer” things and papers. What a mess.
With spring approaching I feel like I haven’t used my crock pot enough this winter. So here it is a year-round slowcooker recipe, and some wicked alliteration! Paleo pulled pork peppers!
Paleo Pulled Pork Peppers
A cook-out classic, smokey, sweet Paleo pulled pork peppers topped with crunchy creamy coleslaw!
- 2 lb pork roast
- 1 can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp dried onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- Place pork roast and pineapple in a crockpot on low 6-8 hours
- Pull the pork roast out and shred, by either slicing or pulling strips with a fork.
- Return to pineapple/ meat juices.
- Add: Ketchup, molasses, garlic, apple juice, water, onion powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir well and leave in the crockpot on low 2 hours
- Scoop into peppers and bake for 20 min at 350F just to soften the pepper a touch, I like to eat them with raw peppers for more crunch!
- Top with Paleo creamy coleslaw.
You can make up extra and pop them in the freezer for a quick dinner or snack!
Leave a Reply