Paleo rhubarb banana crisp: The perfect mix of sweet and tart in a grain free dessert. Served with coconut ice cream a treat everyone can enjoy!
- 3 medium banana’s sliced (I used 2 banana’s and a half of a plantain that was going bad on my counter)
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup maple flakes
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup grated grass fed butter or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Lay banana and rhubarb in the bottom of an oven-safe dish.
- Combine salt, almond meal, pecans, maple flakes, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Add grated butter, or slowly pour in coconut oil while stirring.
- Spoon over top of the banana and rhubarb until evenly covered.
- Bake for 40 min.
- Allow to cool slightly (so it doesn’t melt your ice cream too fast) before serving.
- Category: Dessert