This bold fruity raspberry jam is great with paleo crackers, on a cheese plate for the lacto-paleo or straight off a spoon!
- 4 cups raspberry (previously frozen is great)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- peels from one apple
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 jars 250ml with rings and lids
- Over medium heat thaw the raspberries, bring to a simmer, you are in this for a long haul: slow and steady is your ticket, the last thing you want is to burn this handpicked fruity goodness.
- Add honey, apple juice and continue to simmer, stirring regularly.
- After 20 minutes of simmering add rosemary and apple peels, continue to simmer, stir regularly, again, you don’t want burn it.
- While the jam is reducing, and simmering, prepare the jars: sterilize, and prepare your boiling water bath.
- It took a full hour of slow simmering until I was satisfied with the thickness, a little thicker than a ketchup, not as runny as a syrup.
- Set aside and let cool a little, so you can fish out the rosemary and apple peels, if a couple stay in there, it’s okay, I just tried to take out the bigger pieces.
- Spoon into jars while still hot, wipe rim, finger tighten the lid on, and immerse in a water bath 15 min (longer depending on your elevation please check this canning guide)
Need a canning kit? Check out this one.
- Category: Preserves
- Cuisine: Jam