I was visiting some friends who have a great little garden that I knew I needed to utilize, so we made some Paleo Stuffed Zucchini Boats with bacon. Though I was unsuccessful in converting them to the paleo lifestyle (haha, just kidding, I don’t try and push people who aren’t interested), it was a great visit.
I spent a week at their house, helping with some of the cooking, and providing the company of a fellow-adult (they’re new parents, which we all know what that looks like), and a little sanity in a house with a teething child.
This is one of my closest friends from pharmacy school, one of the two women I was a maid of honor for (my sis being the other). I think both of these women have chosen their husbands very well, and I love spending time with both couples. They’ve both put together pretty nice lives which I get to peek in at periodically.
It’s kind of weird being the single guy visiting and helping out. We joke about what the neighbors think when I show up after the man of the house leaves, and then the times when I leave before he returns. Way to go Raj: get the rumors flying.
But if there was anything worth talking about, it was probably the Paleo Stuffed Zucchini Boats!
Paleo Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Total Time: 27 minute
- 2 medium zucchini (split lengthwise, and seeded)
- 2 strips bacon (chopped into 1/8–1/4 inch squares)
- 1/2 sweet onion (diced)
- 2 large white or brown mushrooms (finely diced)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, saute onions, salt, and mushrooms in olive oil until onions begin to soften.
- Add bacon.
- Remove from heat before bacon is crisp.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and add more salt if needed.
- Lay zucchini halves cut-side up on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon mixture into each zucchini half.
- Cook for 10-20 minutes*, depending on desired softness.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Cooking time will depend on the size and type of zucchini used (green zucchini will cook faster than the yellow zucchini’s used in this recipe)
- Cook Time: 10-20 min
- Method: oven
Kara @ Yaya Recommended says
These zucchini boats look delicious, and I have everything to make them. Woot woot! I’m pretty sure this is going to be my dinner tonight. Sharing and pinning 😀
Thanks and enjoy!