- 2 medium zucchini (split lengthwise, and seeded)
- 2 strips bacon (chopped into 1/8–1/4 inch squares)
- 1/2 sweet onion (diced)
- 2 large white or brown mushrooms (finely diced)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, saute onions, salt, and mushrooms in olive oil until onions begin to soften.
- Add bacon.
- Remove from heat before bacon is crisp.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and add more salt if needed.
- Lay zucchini halves cut-side up on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon mixture into each zucchini half.
- Cook for 10-20 minutes*, depending on desired softness.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Cooking time will depend on the size and type of zucchini used (green zucchini will cook faster than the yellow zucchini’s used in this recipe)
- Method: oven