Paleo Sweet and sour pork, no preservatives, grains or dairy, but super delicious!! Inspired by and adapted from PAM_1
- 1 pound pork cut into cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup paleo ketchup
- 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 fresh pineapple in chunks
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- Place cubed pork in a bowl, add salt, honey, coconut amino, and egg white, mix well to coat and let sit, at least an hour, I left it over night.
- Heat coconut oil in a large, saucepan or wok.
- Sprinkle arrowroot powder over the pork and stir until coated, carefully drop into coconut oil and brown evenly (aprox 10 min), scoop out onto a paper towel and set aside.
- Leave 1 tbsp. coconut oil in the pan and over medium heat stir fry in the celery, pepper, and onion, (all roughly chopped into bite size pieces). until tender crisp, set aside.
- In the large saucepan or wok, combine salt, water, apple cider vinegar, paleo ketchup, honey, coconut amino, and pineapple chunks.
- Bring to a boil and add in pork
- Return to boil, and mix in tapioca starch , stirring so it doesn’t clump.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes, and add in celery mixture, return to a boil and stir until well mixed, and everything is coated.
- Cuisine: Chinese