- 1 rack of lamb (I used a pre-marinated garlic and rosemary rack; if using an unseasoned rack, add an extra clove of finely chopped garlic, and 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 cup pecans (coarsely ground)
- 1–2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- zest of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove lamb from refrigerator and allow to warm to room temperature (1-2 hrs).
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Score the fat with a sharp knife and rub in salt and pepper.
- Bake on a roasting tray for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- In the meantime, saute onions in ghee over medium heat in a small frying pan.
- When onions are soft add garlic, pecans, and zest (and rosemary if adding) and stir well.
- Cover lamb in mustard, then coat in pecan mix (easiest to use your hands – careful: it’s hot).
- Return to oven on roasting tray for 20-30 minutes – use a meat thermometer (remove just prior to desired doneness – it will continue to cook).
- Let meat rest a few minutes before cutting between ribs into individual cutlets.
- Method: Oven