I paleo-ized my Great Granny’s Persimmon Cookies. Soft & sweet like Granny used to make.
- 1 cup persimmon pulp (approx 4 med persimmons in a food processor until “pulpy”)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup palm or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup Otto’s cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Blend persimmon, ghee, palm sugar, and egg together.
- Sift together dry ingredients (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cassava flour).
- Slowly mix into wet ingredients until well blended.
- Bake 375F for 12-15 minutes.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Oven