Start your day off strong with a wakeup call for your taste buds from Pesto Steak and Eggs. Keto breakfast in under 7 minutes!
“One more sleep 'til breakfast!” One of my all-time favorite quotes. I love breakfast. Not the bready, cereal versions that so many people do every day. No way. I'm talking omelettes, bacon, eggs benedict, breakfast salads, hash browns, breakfast sausage, fruit salads, and pesto steak and eggs. What's not to like?
I love “breakfast foods” any time of day.
Yet, when I'm traveling I'll eat anything for breakfast. Sometimes just local fruit. In Thailand I started the day off with street-meat and a smoothie. Here, in Bali, it depends on the day. But I am looking forward making a cheesy omelette when I get home.
Have you been to Bali? I'm loving it. The spirituality, beaches, sun, connections, entrepreneurship & digital nomads, affordability, the smiles, the yogis, and the FOOD. I can't say enough good things about the healthy food options here. An1ere are so many restaurants with the incredible atmosphere. I would live in any of these back home.
For example, Clear Cafe has become one of my favorite places in the world.
They've got delicious healthy food options, but they could serve you plain warm water and the ambiance would be would hanging out there.
They do not serve Pesto Steak and Eggs like this, though. Which is a shame, I think.
What do you eat for breakfast when you're traveling? Do you gravitate towards Western-style breakfasts? Do you eat like a local? Do you demand Pesto Steak and eggs?
Packed with protein and flavor, this dish is ready in minutes!
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, ghee, coconut oil, etc.
- 1 head Shanghai bok choy, baby bok choy, or spinach (finely sliced)
- 1/4-1/2 cup finely sliced leftover steak
- 1-1 1/2 tsp pesto
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat frying pan over med-high. Add enough oil to coat pan. Add the lighter colored, stem-end of the bok choy. Stir in pesto and saute for about a minute.
- Stir in bok choy tops then push to one side of the pan.
- Add in steak slices and heat for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, stirring in with pesto bok choy.
- Transfer to a plate, add more oil to the pan and fry eggs over-easy or as desired. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top steak and bok choy with eggs.
- Serve with berries or cherry tomatoes.
Keywords: breakfast, steak and eggs, pesto, keto breakfast