Piña Colada Turkey Strips (inspired by PaleOMG chicken fingers)
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple ground
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp coconut cream
- 1 turkey breast cut into strips (or 2 chicken breasts)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a shallow dish beat egg and coconut cream together.
- In a second shallow dish combine salt, almond meal, coconut and pineapple (I put all ingredients in a food processor and pulsed).
- Place a pan on medium heat and melt coconut oil.
- Take turkey strips individually and bathe them in the egg mixture.
- Immediately after toss them with the almond meal mixture until well coated.
- Gently lay in the pan and brown both sides.
- Place on a rack covered baking sheet (you can put directly onto a sheet, but then they should be turned halfway thru baking).
- Bake for 35 min.
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Method: Oven