A great way to snack, pineapple chips, and dip!
I have eaten a LOT of pineapple this last week. I snack while I cut it because it's delicious juicy pineapple obviously. And I have cut up 5 in the last few days. I filled my dehydrator twice and managed to burn 2 batches in the oven. I made beautiful brown pineapple pucks, twice. The third time was a charm.
I would imagine that by now you have already picked out your pineapple, and have familiarized yourself with the process, if not check out how to choose, cut, and plant a pineapple. We have included directions so you can plant the pineapple top and grow a palm! I always forget about it and end up with a pot of dirt, some rotten pineapple, and a couple brown leaves sticking out, but Raj has grown many of these plants. Maybe you have had some success? Tell us the story in the comments below! Any tips or tricks we've missed? Please leave those for us as well!
**note from Raj about the benefits of pineapple juice: “I've had more than a couple discussions about this, and read a few things talking about the effect eating pineapple has on the taste of your sexual juices. Most people I've talked to agree that this results in a sweeter taste in both men and women. My scientific mind, of course, wonders about dosage, timing, and duration, but there is little available information out there. Gonna have to do some research.”
Now let's make some chips and dip!
Sweet and crispy, I have a new favorite!
- 2 pineapples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- sprinkle of salt
- Put sliced pineapple in a bowl, add lemon juice and toss until coated.
- Lay out on a rack or dehydrator tray.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- How long it takes to make the chips is dependent on how thick the fruit is sliced (and the outside humidity: rainy days take longer to dehydrate).
- My dehydrator with no heat setting took 16 hours, the oven on low (not even to the numbers just until the light went on, likely around 110 F took 7 hours).
- Bake until they are mostly crisp, once they cool they will crisp up a little more.