Sweet and crispy, I have a new favorite!
- 2 pineapples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- sprinkle of salt
- Put sliced pineapple in a bowl, add lemon juice and toss until coated.
- Lay out on a rack or dehydrator tray.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- How long it takes to make the chips is dependent on how thick the fruit is sliced (and the outside humidity: rainy days take longer to dehydrate).
- My dehydrator with no heat setting took 16 hours, the oven on low (not even to the numbers just until the light went on, likely around 110 F took 7 hours).
- Bake until they are mostly crisp, once they cool they will crisp up a little more.
- Category: Pineapple Chips