- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 lb wild salmon fillet
- salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 60-75 minutes.
- Stir every 10-15 minutes.
- Liquid should reduce down to about 1/3-1/4 original volume (about a cup), and should be of thicker than syrup but not quite as thick as molasses (will coat the back of the spoon). *This should produce enough to coat two 1 lb salmon fillets.
- Remove from heat (it will continue to thicken).
- Place filet into baking dish, top with half of sauce, and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15-60 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Spoon sauce that has dripped to the sides of the dish back on top of the salmon (ahhhh yeeeaahh, look at that!).
- Place in oven for 17-30 minutes (depending on thickness of filet). Fish will be cooked when meat flakes apart easily with a fork.
- Brush on another coat of the glaze and serve with extra sauce as desired.