Great as a side, with curries, really anywhere you would use rice.
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp ghee, butter or oil
- Wash and grate the cauliflower head (you can use the grating attachment on your food processor).
- Place in a pan with water approx 2 cups and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 4-6 min and strain.
- Shake, toss, jiggle, whatever method is best for you, get as much water out of the cauliflower as you can, it will make your finished product fluffier and more rice textured.
- Place 2 Tbsp of ghee in the pan you boiled the cauliflower in, no point in dirtying another dish, put well-drained cauliflower in with the ghee.
- Sauté over medium heat stir occasionally until the cauliflower is slightly browned and fluffs up like rice.
Often I will grate the entire head of cauliflower, then freeze the extra in portion size containers for a quick dinner solution.
- Category: Side