- 12 plums pitted and quartered
- 2 turmeric root “fingers” peeled (they will leave color on your hands; maybe use gloves)
- 1/8 cup ghee or butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 pearl onions, chopped
- Put plums into a saucepan.
- Add ghee and sauté
- Add grated turmeric, garlic and pearl onions.
- Sauté until everything is soft (~4-6 min).
- Add honey and water, simmer for 60 min (until sauce thickens to a ketchup-like texture).
- Serve over roasted duck.
- Category: sauce