You were amazed by our original cauliflower hummus recipe and want to see more. Well you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!
- 1 large beet (*roasted)
- 1/2 head cauliflower (cut, steamed or boiled, and cooled)
- 2–3 heaping Tbsp almond butter
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. This sounds too easy, maybe I should make up some extra steps….
*It doesn’t matter how you go about doing this, but I was cooking a bunch of beets for another meal. Since I was in a hurry I thinly sliced the beet once I had skinned them, mixed in some ghee and lightly salted them at 400 F until fork-tender. Consider tossing with rosemary as well!
- Category: dip