Roasted Eggplant and Grape Soup, I know what you are thinking, how do I feel about this? We felt the same way until we tried it!! One of our local winery bistros @liquiditybistro had it on the menu and we had to give it a shot!
- 1 cup seedless table grapes
- 1 small eggplant in cubes (approx 4 cups)
- 1 large cloves of garlic
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups broth (veggie or poultry – try adding a spicy pepper for a touch of heat)
- ground pepper to garnish
- Lay grapes (remove stems), eggplant, onion, and garlic on a pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and salt.
- Roast 45 minutes in 350F.
- Put in your Vitamix or blender, pulse until smooth, add broth.
- Add ginger, sage, and bay leaf, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Garnish with black pepper and enjoy.
We used spicy chicken broth – it was delicious with a touch of heat.