Simple, quick, easy.
- 8–10 beets (save tops to use for salads or in place of Swiss chard, or sauté!)
- 8–10 fiddleheads, washed and husks or brown spots removed
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/3 cup water
- Place beets and half the water in a pan over medium heat, bring to a simmer, cover and let steam 7 or 8 minutes.
- Drop 1 tbsp. butter into pan and cover again for just 1 minute.
- Stir in fiddleheads and the remaining water, cover and let steam 5 or 6 min.
- Drop the remaining butter in and cover again for 2 or 3 min.
- Stir to coat veggies with butter and serve.
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Vegetables