Lean elk pairs beautifully with sour cherries & rich balsamic reduction. They smell & taste amazing!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1lb ground elk meat
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Bring 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil and then reduce and a simmer 20-35 min.
- Careful not to burn the balsamic vinegar while reducing, you should have 1/4 cup of reduction.
- Combine all ingredients mixing well.
- Form into 2 inch balls (they shrink down as they cook, I would make approx 15).
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 35 minutes (internal temperature of 130-140 F much more and they will be dry because elk is such a lean meat).
- Drizzle reduction over top.
- Method: Oven