What is more Paleo than foraging for your food like a true hunter and gatherer? Stinging Nettle Paleo Pesto satisfies all the parts of your tongue and is packed full of nutrition, adding to any dish.
- 2 cups stinging nettle, lightly steamed (4 min or so is what I did).
- 1 cup cashews soaked (12+ hours) and drained
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minged garlic
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Put steamed (and drained) stinging nettles, soaked cashews, and toasted pine nuts in a food processor.
- Process on high-speed until smooth.
- Put into mason jars or containers that have a lid.
- Use immediately or pop in the freezer for later.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Category: sauce
- Method: blender
Keywords: stinging nettle, pesto, paleo