Have you ever had a morel mushroom? How about stuffed morel mushrooms? Like a Phoenix, these delicious and nutritious foraged mushrooms rise from the ashes to provide rich umami flavor that is good so many ways! Perfect as the star of the show, like these stuffed morel mushrooms!
- 1/2 lb morel mushrooms
- 2 c fresh spinach
- 2c ricotta cheese (or paleo ricotta)
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 sliced of bacon chopped
- 4 cups salted water
- Soak morels in 4 cups salted water to remove any soot, grit or slugs. Approx 20 min, drain and pat dry gently.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, onion, and salt in a food processor and pipe into clean morels (we used a plastic bag with one corner cut off and a chopstick).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place stuffed morels into an oven-safe dish.
- Spread butter, garlic and chopped bacon over top.
- Bake for 35 minutes and enjoy!
Want to go dairy-free? Our paleo ricotta will work beautifully in these!
- Method: Oven
Keywords: stuffed morel mushrooms