Stuffed Turkey Breast, savory with a touch of sweet, you’ll be “stuffed” too!
- 12 figs, sliced
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 large turkey breast or 6 chicken breasts
- 6 strips of bacon (optional)
- Combine figs, roasted garlic and rosemary with hot water, set aside.
- Once the mixture was cooled I put in in a bag with the turkey breast overnight, but this step is entirely optional.
- In a pan over medium heat sauté ghee or coconut oil, carrots, celery and onions.
- Add sage, roasted garlic, fig and rosemary mix, continue to simmer.
- Once the liquid is mostly gone, and veggies are tender-crisp remove from heat, allow to cool slightly.
- Butterfly the breasts so they lay out flat.
- Add almond meal, coconut flour, and eggs, mix well. If it is too hot it will cook the eggs.
- Spoon over the flattened breasts in an even layer.
- Depending on size, roll or fold over the breast making a pocket.
- Wrap the bacon around the outside of the breast to help keep it together, you can use a toothpick to pin it together, or a couple loops of butchers string.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 90 min (60 for chicken breasts).
- Let rest for a few minutes before slicing.
So many substitutions: add more veggies if you would like, omit the almond meal if you have a nut allergy, experiment with other spices, you can add a serving of cheese if that’s an option for you (although not Paleo). Omit or substitute the fruit, the options are limitless!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Holiday