Super Paleo Strawberry Jam is sugar free, so simple, and delicious! Great with a little ice cream, on paleo waffles or pancakes. Enjoy the flavour of sweet strawberries without all the added crap!
- Sterilize jars and lids, set aside.
- Fill canning pot with water and prepare.
- Put strawberries into a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Gently mash the fruit so it will be spreadable.
- Add apple peels and simmer for a few minutes (5-7).
- Fish out apple peels and discard.
- Sprinkle in pectin, stirring constantly.
- Stir and simmer another 5-7 minutes.
- To can: Place into jars and finger tighten lids.
- Water bath can for 10-15 minutes depending on elevation.
- Let sit for 24 hours, any jars not sealing must be refrigerated immediately.
You can make this jam without pectin, add the peels from another apple and simmer for longer until desired texture is reached, it will diminish your yield! See our rosemary raspberry jam recipe for details.