- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups processed cauliflower (~1/2 a large head)
- 1/4 large onion (finely diced)
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- Mix ground chia and water together well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large frying pan saute onions in ghee over medium heat. Once translucent add cauliflower and cook until soft and light brown (like me! haha).
- Allow to cool enough to handle, pour cauliflower and onion into a dish towel, and twist to squeeze excess fluid out (see photo above).
- Transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowl, add remaining dry ingredients and mix well, then add the chia and mix by hand. This will actually be dough-like in consistency.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then flatten out the dough into your desired shape (I prefer square, myself). Press it out until it’s about 1/4″, and form a lip around the edges.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes until browned and crispy. The edges should be crunchy. It’s gonna smell delicious, so be prepared for neighbors knocking on your door….
This should be large enough to feed 3 people, but if you think about people’s pizza-eating habits with regard to quantity, 2 might be more realistic (especially with how good the pizza pictured at the top of the page was!)
- Category: Pizza