This chicken sparked our name. The Primal Desire Chicken says it all. Strawberries, blackberries, smokey chipotle, and citrus, all blended together perfectly.
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh (or frozen) rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- Blend all marinade ingredients together in blender of choice.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, then combine all ingredients in a large freezer bag. Allow to marinate for at least an hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat BBQ on medium-high setting (Holley just bought an electric BBQ which we found needed to be cooked on High). You could also cook these in the oven if you don’t have access to a BBQ.
- Flip chicken when cooked on one side. Ideally you want some grill marks (assuming your grill is hot enough) while avoiding overcooking and/or drying our your chicken.
- When cooked through (juices will run clear, no red, when cut into), remove from heat.
- Serve with Chipotle Citrus Sauce below.
- Method: BBQ