Taco salad with tongue! A slightly spicy delicious way to eat beef tongue.
- 1 onion diced
- 3 mushrooms diced
- 2 tbsp ghee (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced smoked tongue
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp chipotle
- Lettuce one head torn up
- Tomato diced
- Avocado sliced
- Jalapeño’s sliced (we used pickled)
- Fresh salsa (optional)
- Remove outside skin from beef tounge, and thinly slice.
- Over medium heat saute onions, mushrooms and zucchini with ghee (or olive oil) 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic powder, cayenne, chipotle and stir.
- Add smoked beef tongue, reduce heat, and stir.
- While the tongue is warming:
- Shred some leaf lettuce into a bowl.
- Add diced Tomato, avocado and jalapeno.
- Spoon sauteed veggies, spices and tongue over salad.
- Top with fresh salsa (optional)
- Category: Salad