Spicy rich curry slow cooked to perfection! Grain and dairy free.
- 1lb ground turkey
- 5 ripe persimmons
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 3 Thai chillies
- 1/4 cup oil (avocado or coconut)
- 2 tbsp. gram masala
- 1 inch fresh grated turmeric
- 1/2 inch fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Vietnamese coriander
- 1 tsp roasted cumin
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cup diced or crushed tomato
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Sauté ground turkey and onions in oil, then set aside.
- Wash persimmons, remove stem and cut into quarters, put into slow cooker.
- Add sautéed turkey and onions overtop.
- Grate in turmeric, ginger and Thai chilies.
- Add spices, garam masala, coriander, roasted cumin, peppercorns, nutmeg, cloves, Vietnamese coriander.
- Add crushed or diced tomato and water, stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2.
- Add coconut cream and raisins, stir well and let cook 30min – 1 hour depending on temperature setting.
- Serve with Paleo flat bread (I used a recipe from Brittney Angels new book Every Last Crumb) or riced cauliflower.
No vietnamese coriander? Substitute a little lemon grass!