- 1 head cauliflower (cut/broken into bite-sized ‘wings’)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or other oil of preference)
- salt to taste
Vegan Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 Tbsp fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger powder or 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 heaping tsp turmeric
- 1 heaping tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 370 ml tomato paste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 heaping tsp garam masala
- 1/8–1/4 cup sliced almond
- 1/8–1/4 cup cilantro
‘Butter Chicken’ Sauce
- Melt ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add salt and onions. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne. Mix in and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and coconut milk. Mix thoroughly with spices (getting all of the spices that maybe stuck to the bottom of the pan).
- Stir in garam masala. Cook until coconut is heated through.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower pieces in oil, then sprinkle with salt and continue tossling.
- Spread cauliflower wings out on a cookie sheet, turning so that any flat pieces are down against the sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip cauliflower wings and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer wings to a large bowl and thoroughly coat with Vegan Butter Chicken Sauce (about 2-2.5 cups should be good for a med-large head of cauliflower).
- Return to cookie sheet and bake for another 7 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken and encapsulate the cauliflower wings.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and cilantro.
- Butter Chicken Sauce will make approx 5 cups. That’s enough for 2 large heads of cauliflower.
- Freeze remaining sauce for future use or use in Vegan Butter Chicken, omeletes (vegan omelets), etc.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 32 min
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Vegan "Butter Chicken" Cauliflower Wings