It is SNOWING!!! Tiny little flakes for now, but still the kind of weather that makes you want to stay cozy sipping warm delicious Vegan Leek Potato Instant Pot Soup!
Have you missed us? We had a great time while in India but managed to catch a brutal virus on the way home. It was soup and sleep and Netflix when we got home. I felt better a little faster than Raj did and spent a day making some meals for the freezer in case we got sick again or had one of those days where your desire to eat something healthy is present but your time or energy to cook something healthy is not.
This recipe is easier than pie (why do people say easy as pie? Pie pastry can be fussy!) I love my Instant Pots for mostly hands-off cooking in a fraction of the time. Plus this Instant Pot soup is packed full of goodness, to get you feeling your best in no time: fermented garlic, veggie broth, and leeks.
Stay cozy sipping warm delicious Vegan Leek Potato Instant Pot Soup!
- 8 cups chopped leeks (2 large leeks)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves black or roasted garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups baby potatoes
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cup coconut cream
- Press Sautee- High on your Instant Pot.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 cloves of garlic, and the leeks. Sautee 5-7 minutes, until the leeks are softened and golden on a few edges.
- Add 5 cups of potatoes and 2 cups of veggie broth, close the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 6 minutes, with a natural pressure release.
- Using a high speed blender or imersion blander CAREFULLY blend until smooth (It will be HOT so carefully).
- Add the blended mixture back to the Instant Pot and press Sautee- Low.
- Add the rest of the veggie broth, bay leaf, pepper, sage, salt, nutmeg and coconut cream.
- Stir until combined and desired temperature.
- Optional: garnigh with some diced green onions.
- Make sure the leeks are well washed, they can be sandy or gritty.
- Potatoes are on the dirty dozen list, so buy organic if you can.
- There is a difference between coconut milk and coconut cream!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: Instant pot, Soup, Vegan