I've been contemplating shaving my head for a while. This is my hair loss journey now. Some of the reasons why I'm shaving my head are related to body image, self-confidence, stress and hair loss. I'm losing my hair, man! My thinning hair has been constantly on my mind for over 10 years. Aging sucks.
What are your thoughts around dealing with hair loss? Do you shave your head? What's your strategy for how to deal with hair loss?
My Hair Loss Journey
- Constantly on my mind
- When I see photos or videos of myself, there’s that little cringe
- Tall enough that most people don’t see it
- Doing up shoes, sitting at the movie, on a plane, at the gym, swimming… honestly, even during sex
- Other guys with thinning on top look good – but the way we look at ourselves with the microscope is different
- The worst is the thinning stage IMO
- One of the worst things about growing old at this point in my life (x15 years)
- 20s – stress and school and work
- This is one of those decisions that involves your mental health and wellness – issues of identity, self-confidence, and even mortality since it’s linked to aging
- Yes, I will mourn the loss of my hair, but really, I’ve been mourning the loss of my full head of hair for over a decade. For me, it’s time to embrace this change. – and if it doesn’t work out, I’ll grow whatever I can back and see what happens…
Are you balding? Have you thought about shaving your head? Watch the YouTube playlist: Balding – Should You Shave Your Head? There are 3 videos about my head shaving experiences as well as other peoples' videos that I watched while contemplating shaving my head. There's a lot to think about BEFORE shaving your head – especially if you need to have all the logistics and details, like I do.