What is Caesar Salad without croutons? Still awesome, but not quite as awesome.
- Any gluten-free or Paleo bread, a couple days old, I used Brittney Angell’s world’s greatest sandwich loaf, and just pulled a few slices out of the freezer, it is the bread I have found to best keep its shape/texture
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup ghee or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dash of cayenne
- Combine ghee and spices in a bowl, let sit for a while to infuse.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Cut bread into bite-size cubes.
- Toss cubes in ghee mixture until they are well coated.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 min, turning regularly (the dog watched me do this every 10 min or so, willing me to drop just one… but he was out of luck).
- Category: Salad