- 2 bunches kale (washed, dried, ripped into 2″ pieces)
- 1/2 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 3/4 cup strawberries (hulled)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp ghee
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 200 F or 250 F. Alternatively, this can be done in a dehydrator (check individual unit’s instructions for cooking details).
- Sauté onions in ghee in a frying pan over medium heat. Remove from heat when soft and put in blender.
- Add chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, cayenne powder, strawberries, maple syrup, and lime juice, salt and pepper, and blend together until smooth.
- Put kale pieces in a large mixing bowl and toss with strawberry mixture. Coat thoroughly massaging with your hands (get those fingers nice and saucy!).
- Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lay the kale in a single layer on the sheets.
- Bake for 1-2 hours (depending on oven, kale, thickness of sauce, altitude, moon cycle, etc.) until crisp – but not burnt! Keep a close eye once sauce begins to dry out.
- (I added more salt at this point – but that was my own personal preference – it was great without it as well).
I really enjoyed dipping these in our Paleo Tzatziki Sauce which I could really eat anything with!
- Category: Appies
- Method: Oven